Oct 23, 2010

Today it happened....

I ran actually for 12 miles, just one short of my goal for this year of 13.1 miles. Once I get the Half Marathon behind me I will get me this 13.1 Decal I have seen all over the place. :-)
The amazing thing about todays run was that it felt really good and I was able to just run for 4.5 miles. So I have been thinking about what to think about for 13.1 miles and I remembered a post from a friend where she had broken down the 26.2 miles to think about different people.
So I figured I should start doing this too. I will write it on my hand/arm???? Perhaps. We will see. My Mom thought will not be part of this since every time I think of her I start choking up and that is no way to run!!! Here is my thankful for list of 13.1 miles:

1. Diana, my neighbor who told me about C25k program and got me started
2. Urba, my runner friend who runs like the wind but we enjoy our pre and post racing moments.
3. My friends Alison and Melissa from SMU. You are pearls, that simple!!!! :-)
4. For our church and lifegroup. So thankful to feel spiritually home again.
5. My cousin Holger who is a CF survivor. So thankful your new lung is working so well for you!
6. For my Dad, who is still with us. You taught me stamina, and will to survive! Over 40 years of Diabetes and your still with us. So proud of you!
7. My cousin Angela who started years back running Marathons! Without you I would not even have thought about it!!!
8. Heike, my german sister! Miss you and love you! Nothing like sisters!
11. Lauren my american sister! What would I do without you? So glad you found Kelly!!! Love you both!
9. Anna my oldest. What can I say, you rocked my world in a good way and you still do. :-)
10. Lysa, our little wild one! You are so cute, I might be pampering you already!
12. My kiddos belly moms, without you, I would not be called Mom! Thanks for making good choices when it came to giving life and thanks a million to pick us as parents.
13. My Hubby Chris who patiently takes the girls and lets me go. Who is really my better half and who has been walking beside me for 26 years. Love you!!!

So, here is my first list for being thankful. I want to run that race on the 7th full of thankfulness for a healthier body than just a year ago! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! I think that's such a great idea to think of different people each mile. I might steal that idea for myself. :) You are going to Rock the Half! I can't wait to hear all about it....

    Congrats on your 12 miles today! TWELVE MILES! Can you believe it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, LOVE this, Dagmar! It's so inspiring! I will be trying this too, it is a wonderful way to pass the miles. I can't wait for your run on the 7th! I am so proud of you!! I wish I could be there to cheer you on, know that I will be there in spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers