May 11, 2012

And another Mothers day....

means I think back of all those Mothers Days I wanted to be a Mom so badly but my lap was empty. No kiddos to sit on my lap, to hang out with, to walk with to love on, to pass on.
Today I read a post from a fellow chosen Mom ( because that is what we are as adoptive Moms when the Birthmoms choose us, no not we choose the child, but the birthmoms choose us, the Moms). Her post resonated in me and made me think back.....
So what is it that still makes me grinch about Mothers Day? WEll, I cannot sit here and enjoy motherhood, without thinking about all those fellow Moms to be who are still waiting and I think about all those Moms who gave life but their life circumstances wasn't supporting raising a child. Their wisdom to know they had  to make a decision which was super painful for them and the child but be the adult and make that difficult decision for both of them. So many times people do not appreciate the strength it took to make that decision. They think a real Mom would have raised the child, something had to be wrong about those women! Right? I have heard it all and it makes me mad!!!! Yes Hopping mad!!! Here we are as a society, especially christian society and demand that no child be aborted, I agree. But then we punish those women who make the right choice to place a child into a family they think will do a good job in raising their child, and call them unfit mothers etc.....

Now does that seem right? Why are we giving those mixed messages? Doesn't seem fair, right?

So here is to all those women who made the best out of a difficult life circumstance and made the right choice to give life! You are wonderful Life-givers and have given this world your precious seed to be raised in an environment you cannot control. Just like God did when he turned over his earth into our hands! Right? I soooooooo appreciate your trust, your willingness to surrender .......
Love you my Life-givers, belly-moms! Even though I cannot reach you right now I want to honor you on this Mothers-Day somehow, and this is my somehow! Love you for loving our daughters! May God bless you in return for the blessings you have given us!

Dagmar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers