Jul 20, 2010

Summer, Summer where are you going so fast.....

Time flies and July is half around. My birthday came and went and than all the other family birthdays in July and we are almost done with July. I just cannot believe how fast time is flying bye lately.
Well, we have been taking it really easy lately. Since Anna is in Swim class in the morning at 8 am, and she is really tired after that, we had to adjust again. But this is the fun of summer, what ever you feel like goes! At least that is what I think is the fun of summer.
But I regress...... So first came the rain...
Rain in July in Texas.... Ah this were two awesome weeks and our yard was very thankful!
Than came the 4th of July weekend. We had lots of fun and the highpoint for Anna was staying up one night to see the fireworks!
Than we had a great visit with the Sherman Gang. We went to the Beach club and had even more fun later on at home. Those visits always go to fast! We were exhausted but had lots of fun. Anna and Paysha are really close and interested in one an-others life! 

  

Lysa has been surprising us with new words and her ability to sing songs in tune! She likes to do our table rap, and sings God our Father ( Table prayer from CCBC) or Father Jacob.... That is always a hit for others around us. She also discovered Nutella bread, a german favorite for Breakfast. Who would not love chocolate on your bread in the morning, right?

  Yeah not the most healthy choice and smart either, you have to just put on new clothes afterwards. Next time Mom is going to do the naked eating again. She likes to go to town with her food. Its part playing and part eating. :-)
So than we started Anna's swim lessons. Early in the morning at 8 am so that Mom and Lysa do not melt while waiting at the pool. :-)

 At first Anna did awesome. After last years experience with a male teacher, poor guy, I was a bit worried, so I sent Daddy with her for the first lesson. Guess what, she has a guy again but somehow she took it well.... Phhhhhh( sigh of relief) and she did very will considering she is the youngest in the intermediate group.
Her favorite is the back-float and she is pretty good with it. This class is really stretching her and she is learning to overcome some of her fears! So proud of my big girl.
And than there are the afternoons in the heat. What can you do? Well both of them take naps now so that helps and than they also started to get their imagination going. Anna closed the other day the door to our bedroom and just went to town in it...... Take a look!
Mom, I build a camp!!!!! Cool!! So she played quietly with her camp and I got some pages of reading in and than I heard some unfamiliar noises...... clanging noises.... So here is what she did!

 Mom was pretty proud of her imaginative girl building her own instruments. So I asked her and she told me that they had made their own instrument with Ms. Jennifer in church and she just figured she could go on......So glad she finally is able to play alone again! It took some time to come back to her! :-)

So far we all have been enjoying our summer and I hope this post will help me to remember!

1 comment:

  1. Anna is so multi-talented! And I love the pic of lysa eating nutella. Chocolate for breakfast is just my style!

    ReplyDelete

Followers