Jul 1, 2010

Our Summer so far...

 
“Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” - William Wordsworth

A friend of mine is writing Novels next to being a stay at home Mom with her two preschool aged boys. Not sure how she manages to even write one sentence without them interrupting her, but she has a blog and this is her quote on it. So this evening I was browsing through all my blogs I usually follow and my eye was caught by this Quote. I was wondering if I even really know what the breathings of my heart are any longer? Sometimes it feels there is not a minute left in my day to just reflect and I used to have plenty of time for it.( We were a couple for 21 years till Anna finally arrived) Now I have to go out in the Texas heat and run a few miles, just to be able to get quiet and to listen to my heart and to God talking to my heart. Times change! :-)
One thing I have learned this summer is making sure the girls have breaks in their day. Those breaks are healthy boundaries we all need. We need breaks from one another just so we can enjoy our togetherness again. Even when Anna does not want to take a nap she goes now into her room for at least 45 minutes to play quietly. 
I am also trying to focus on enjoying this summer and to hang loose. Forget about strict cleaning rituals,laundry and all that stuff. This is vacation time and since we do have a stay-cation this year I am trying to play more and do more fun stuff with them at home. So far it works, and we have a great time together. Yes, there are those little things which creep in, but all in all we are doing much better than last summer. Here are a few pics from our summer adventures.

Having fun with our homemade water slide and Lysa joins the action.



Cooking up a storm with Anna and play dates with our friends.




Ice skating with Daddy and friends in Texas heat is always fun too, specially if its 100 F outside! :-) 

Lysa is growing up fast too and she is changing into quite an actively young lady if she is not sleeping. With her its full speed ahead or no speed at all. We will see how this develops later in life. :-) Here are some shots from her as well....

Lysa has been very funny lately and loves to hop around on the couch. Needless to say that it stops my heart at times.
This pic is one of the few where I caught her sitting still..... :-)

So, I guess this are the breathings of my heart right now. The wonder of raising two little girls and rediscovering the world with them. Sometimes looking at the world through their eyes makes me wonder all over again......... Just hope their little hearts can recapture my old heart to become again more child like. :-)
Hope you all enjoy your Summer and experience some heart breathings and renewals. 
          

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Dagmar! Those girls, and what you wrote here, are definitely the brethings of your heart. You are such a wonderful mommy, and they are sure lucky to have you! :) I wish we could spend our summers together!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog posts. My heart needs reminders to be child-like and "loosen up"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you girls! That is Bonnie and Alison. The funny thing is that I have worked with both of you at SMU and made friends for life with you! Fun, isn't it? And Bonnie, thanks for getting my mind working again. Some day I am going to take the time to take a class about writing children's literature and than, I will get going too...... one day!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers