Jun 29, 2010

Opening Ceremonies Firestation No.8 Mckinney

That morning after my long run I was kind of a slow poke, so we made it about 20 minutes later to the festivities and just watched when they pulled up the Flags for the official first time with the bagpipes playing. 

 Than we watched the official pushing in of the Firetruck and an EMT truck. It was quite a bit of pomp and circumstance!!!!! :-) We also learned that Mckinney is now a Class 2 city which is important for making your home insurance cheaper. So we will call this week and ask about that one! We than toured the trucks, got goodies, met with the neighbors and than my former boss from SMU said high to me. Her husbands company is making the cool Wind turbine which sits on top of the Fire station. Take a look, I thought its a work of art but it is a wind turbine making electricity from Texas wind. I would like one of those on my house, but I kind of think our HOA would get a heart attack.... :-)

  


 Did I mention that it was very, very hot???? I think you can really see how the heat took a toll on Lysa. Once we were able to get out of the sun she looked better! :-) Anna had a blast and at the end she wanted to become a firewomen. So we asked, and yes there are three firewomen in the Mckinney Department. Cool!!!! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers