Nov 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Deck the Halls

This year its all a bit different........Thursday and Friday are not Holidays around here so we decided to just have our feast on Saturday and with family. So here is our first ever Turkey in Germany in the oven, might I add I could not use my pan I extra brought from the US, it just doesn't fit in our small ovens here. :-)








This weekend is the first Advent and the start of the Holiday season and all the Christmas markets have opened. So my Table decorations are kind of a mix for first Advent and Turkey feast..... But we had Cornbread, sweat mashed potatoes, Green bean casserole, Corn on the cob, Cranberry relish with Almonds, lots of stuffing made from scratch this year and a big pumpkin cheesecake at the end also made from scratch. :-)









Our Adventcalendar with little presents this year instead of chocolates.

My big star!

Bought a new house for the manger scene

Since there is no fireplace I had to improvice with the stockings.


Another star with some lighting in it ... and my Adventwreath to count down the Sundays till Christmas.! 

My goal this year is to make all of my decorations for the tree by myself and with the kids. Next week we will try to get a fresh tree. It will be the first real tree in years for us. So exited.

Mom is almost done with preparations for the season. A few more gifts for the adults and I am done with it and can just enjoy the time........ Yeah....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers