The german Christmas markets I remember had lots of little stores with art stuff etc but this year I saw more food booth than anything else. So, we took the challenge and ate: 2 sausages, waffles, fish, d, Cotton Candy, Berliner Ballen ( german donut without the whole but filled with marmalade) and I am sure I forgot something. Somehow this reminded me of the State fair of Texas.....crazy amounts of unhealthy food! :-)
We had so much fun and the kids took about 3 rides on the carousel! We had snow falling on us and it was cold, so it was a real Christmas market feeling. When the girls were on the carrousel it hit us, here we are parents of two beautiful daughters....never ever expected that any longer! We both teared up a bit and just enjoyed the moment! Today Chris drove to Balderschwang, which is in the mountains with lots of snow and took the girls so that Mom could prepare for Anna's B-day tomorrow. I got 3 dozens of muffins done and a little heart cake with a painted castle..... We will enjoy this 6th birthday. Cannot believe it has been 6 years already!
Happy 4th Advent!
And here is the Cake I tried out... and in the bottom the one we will use tomorrow. Mom wasn't happy with the look of the first one, it tasted awesome though. :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment