Feb 13, 2013

You are my very, very best Mom,

is a sentence which was uttered first by my youngest one towards me. I love it! First time I heard it I almost interrupted her and wanted to say no, no... I am not a great Mom! But I stopped myself. Endearments like these need to be accepted, and seen for what they are, an emotional outlet of love! This wasn't about facts at all. There are plenty of moments I get to hear the total opposite but hey, I take it when I can get it. :-)
Than my older girl picked up on it and so we are spreading around the love! I guess God knew what Mom needed and it has rekindled the hugging and cuddling around here. Lately I realized that I have been kinda withdrawing from cuddling since I felt overwhelmed at times and I think my kids might have gotten the short stick of it. So we are readjusting, we all need to do this at times.
And I do love the very, very best Mom. Did I mention that? Cannot say it often enough.


2 comments:

  1. That is sooooo sweet! I can relate to this in so many ways! Especially the feelings of overwhelmedness and irritation with all the clingyness. Sometimes I feel like the girls have reverted to toddlers with all the wanting me to hold them! But then I feel like they want me to hold them because they can sense that I don't want to! And the being hard on yourself never ends. I think i'm harder on myself as a mother than I have ever been in my life and it's a feeling I don't like. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Gorgeous picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Followers