I am not sure what I want to call her new personality traits though - mischievous? Or perhaps a developing engineer? She is like all kids her age into everything but last week she started to do a few things which just took my breath away.
First she started to hit the button on her safety seat and so when I took her out of it I started scolding Anna and she told me that Lysa is doing it on her own. I had a hard time believing it at first so I buckled her up again and told her to show me...... In the moment I had buckled her in.... she hit the button with a big grin. Needless to say I am constantly now watching my rearview mirror and I gave her many mean looking No's. Not sure that it worked yet. She is kind of nonchalant about the No's..... :-)
The next day I go into her room after her nap and she is standing in her bed and holding up her wet diaper like a triumphant warrior!!!!! Look Mom, surprise for you!!!! So now I cannot put her down for a nap with just a diaper on. Grrrrr....
Now there are those things like nightlights, or the smelly things, cables in the wall (preferably for Moms computer) and anything plugged in - no problem for her. She pulls them all out and plugs them back in just not where they were. :-)
She loves to climb, really climb and she can figure out how to get to a place by climbing up three different things.... point and case ....
She had to climb up three different things to get to the table top but she did it!! Unbelievable. And she can do it in about 1.5 minutes..... :-(
Smarty pants.
Most kids are afraid of loud noises, not Lysa. She loves, yes, loves the vacuum cleaner. It took Anna about 3 years to loose the fear of a vacuum cleaner, Lysa just hops on it and rides it like a bull. Yes, this is a Texas gal after all. :-)
Now the best thing ever to prove my point of mischievous is this picture.
Yup, that is the wall border above her crib she is now able to reach. I put that wall border on and believe me I made sure there were no loose corners but still she made it. Good job, right? Needless to say Mom will have to do a bit of redecorating soon. Just waiting till she got this pulling off the wall border act out of her system. :-)
And on top of it all, I got hear from our Church's Nursery worker yesterday, that as cute as she is, she sure behaves like a Tomboy! :-) Yeah, I figured that one by now. :-)
Again her name is after all Lysa Claudia, God loving and perseverant. She sure is perseverant! :-)
Mom is pretty exited about discovering her second girls personality! We will see if the first signs will hold or not. :-)
A triumphant warrior! That cracks me up!! We have some "personality traits" of our own going on lately! It's exhausting!!
ReplyDelete