May 27, 2010

Anna and her Hair!

Anna always loved her hair and she loves to play with it, look in the mirror etc. But, lately it has gotten so long that she was afraid it would touch her buttocks. On top, the heat and her long heavy, curly hair is not helping either. She was constantly complaining about being hot under the hair and she did not want a pony tail in it either. Needless to say, the hair has been a constant fight in the mornings between Mom and Anna so that she was combing it by now on her own. :-) Most of the time. So when Urba cut her hair off she got curious and when she heard about donating the hair for kids who needed it she was first not into it. It took about 3 weeks and than she was, I want it off now!
We waited till her duties as a Flower girl were done.... :-) Mom wanted a few more long hair pics. I have to say, I always liked long strong hair like hers, just did not like the morning and evening fights when we had to comb it. :-)
Anyway, today was the day. Here are some pics.
Here is the link to where we will send the hair of Anna. They make wiggs for children from it.
www.childrenwithhairloss.us
I am so happy for Anna and so proud of my big girl. She has simply the biggest heart! Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Dagmar and Anna, I read this a while back with Haley and she found it interesting. I had asked her back in November if she wanted to donate her hair to the Pink Hearts Foundation when they came to CCBC one Sunday. She was not ready then. BUT... she's ready now. We've been talking about Landon and praying for him, and I think that might've had some influence too. But we HAD to come back and find Anna's pictures just now. The fact taht Anna already did this has really encouraged Haley to go for it. Her appt is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'll blog about it too if she doesn't chicken out. I'll probably put pics on FB too if we do it. I'm hoping she doesn't back out because we too have those fights every morning. And its not even summer time yet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers